Motic SMZ171 Stereo Zoom inspection microscope
An optically improved addition to the well established Motic SMZ Stereo zoom range. With new materials for ESD compatibility, optimised LED illumination. Motic have created a versatile Stereo zoom microscope platform for biological and industrial inspection applications. Enhanced optical performance combined with the expanded accessory line. The Motic microscopes SMZ 171 stereo microscope is an ideal instrument for demanding requirements in routine stereo microscope inspection and microscopy research. OEM machine mounting 60° Zoom microscope version also available from MMS Microscopes.
Motic Microscopes Stereo Zoom SMZ 171 BP Specification comprises:-
- Greenough zoom optical system
- Binocular head, 45° inclined, 360° rotating
- Binocular 60° Viewing option for OEM applications
- Widefield eyepieces N – WF10X/23mm
- 6.7:1 Zoom ratio, WD=110mm
- Objective magnification range: 0.75x – 5x
- 7.5x – 50x Mag range with supplied 10x/23mm WF Eyepieces
- Pole type plain stand& Head holder
- Coarse Focusing system with tension adjustment
- Black/White stage plate and dust cover
- SMZ 171 TH supplied with Free LED Fixed Ring Illuminator during June 2019
- SMZ 171 TP as above with Trinocular head – Request a quotation from MMS
Typical applications for the SMZ series include:-
- Medical devices inspection microscope
- Microelectronics inspection
- PCB Inspection
- Precision plastics inspection
- Entomology microscopy
Motic modular stereo zoom microscope components are available to adapt to many diverse applications.
Standard accessories include:-
Articuculated & Boom Long Arm Stands & Focus arms
To analyze the birefringence of transparent materials, a polarizing set-up is required. The respective polarizer for the SMZ171 is fixed on top of the light exit of the transmit- ted light stand, while the analyzer is clamped on the objective. Both polarizer and analyzer are 360° rotatable.
For Darkfield applications, a special DF insert is mounted on top of the light exit of the Transmitted light stand. The iris diaphragm allows variation of the illumination aperture according to the numerical aperture of the objective in use.